Thursday, January 28, 2010

Because You Can't teach High School in A Speedo

Man, I am some kind of aggravated right now. I have been trying to get back into a workout routine/regimen, If only I could avoid the speed bumps.

So, yesterday I finally found a training schedule for the next 18 weeks, which will culminate with a Olympic distance triathlon in Memphis on may 23rd, my 1st at that distance. The plan officially begins Monday. I was excited to find this plan and studied it during my planning period and while my students were taking their Holocaust/Pearl Harbor test. I Did a short run last night and even planned out my workouts for the rest of this week to make them fit with the new schedule.

Then, I decided to get serious about the nutrition I need to train the smart way. I planned out what to do for breakfast(pre-AM-workout and post-AM-workout) 2 smaller meals of healthy stuff during the day, and a sensible, high protein dinner. I even made groceries(went shopping). I spent an hour walking the aisles of the Wal-Mart super center gathering all manner of healthy and nutritious morsels of deliciousness.

I got home, unpacked everything only to repack everything in different place and containers to make putting these meals together. I packed my gym bag, set the alarm clock, and went to bed. I even downloaded 4 Beatles albums onto my ipod to have new old music to listen to.

5:00 am, the alarm goes off. luckily my bag is packed. I shuffle around, brush my tooths, share a banana with Sadie and head to the Y to swim. I catch the one red light that I have never not had to stop at. I get to the Y about 5:35, walk in to the locker room, start to unpack my bag and slip of my shorts and into the speedo(the long ones, not the skimpy ones)and realize I forgot my watch. Damn! then I figure I can just use my cell phone to tell time today. crisis averted right? Nope. Then I also realize that I for got my work clothes hanging in the closet. DAMN DAMN!(says Emmit Brown).

I quickly do the math and figure that I can not do the planned workout AND go home to get my clothes and still get to work on time.I really want ed to do the swim but since they won't let me teach in a speedo i figured I better go get my clothes. So, I put my shorts back on, repacked my bag and headed home. Since I was home I decided to have some chocolate chip waffles and milk, got dressed and shaved and made it to work on time.

Now, I have my bag packed and it is in the Jeep. I am, planning on swimming after school. I was going to do an am swim and a pm run. I will only do one of these after school,I guess I'll see how I feel when that time comes.

At least I have a cooler full of healthy options to gorge myself on till 3 O'clock!

No comments:

Post a Comment