Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Where's that darn easy button?

Nobody ever said it was gonna be easy, and I've been around long enough to know thats true. But, who woulda guessed that riding a non-moving bike could be so hard.


Spin class part 2 can be summed up in one word, aargh! Last night I met my brother at the Y for another attempt at spinning. Once again, my Bro is a spin beast but I just don't feel comfortable. I kept my sprocket spinning but never felt any level of comfort. I also learned that having a smootie right before said workout may not be a good idea as I had a major cramp in my back 10 minutes into the 45 minute workout. Still I pedaled on. I suppose that if I was trying to learn a lesson from the workout it would be to just keep going. I wasn't doing everything or exactly what the instruct asked us to do, but I didn't stop. And not stopping means you are still moving, and usually forward.

Today, its back to the gym. After work today I'll be re-acquainting myself with the treadmill. 2 weeks down and I've only taken off 3 days. Definitlely making progress and I'm already down 4-5 pounds.

Over the weekend I got in several good runs in Midtown Memphis. Saturday on Peabody ave(but I didn't see the ducks) and Sunday on Union Ave. I kept singing the Mark Cohn song "Walking in Memphis" especially the line, "I saw the ghost of elvis on Union Avenue, followed him up to the gates of Graceland and I watched him walk right through". Well, I didn't see the king but I did see the fab 4. Sunday night Kelley and I went to see a show called RAIN at the Orpheum in Memphis. it is a tribute to the beatles, all the songs were performed live, nothing pre-recorded. The band was really good and really had down the mannerisms of the Lads from Liverpool. Now I'm not generally big on cover bands but this was a really good show.

Most Importantly there was football game on Saturday, and Our Saints destroyed the Cardinals. The boys looked healthy and energetic with eyes on the prize. It felt good to win again. I can barely contain my excitement leading up to Sundays game. I don't have tickets and am planning to watch from the cozy confines of my couch with a frosty cold beverage in one hand and my faithfull black and gold dogs by my side, and my brother may come over too.
Great game guys. Special kudos to Reggie Bush, dude truly "brought the wood".

***If by some chance you find yourself at the game with an extra ticket or 2 don't go selling to our friendly visiting Viking friends, sell it to someone in Black and gold, or better yet, CALL ME, I'll be on my way.

Stay Hydrated and Geaux Saints!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment