Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Spinnin' Wheel, Got to go 'round

In my efforts to get back in shape i have decided that any time anyone asks me if i want to do anything workout related I will say yes. With that, my brother mentioned to me the other day that he has gone to spin class at his local YMCA a few times. I asked him if he likes it and he said yes. He asked me if I wanted to go sometime so I said yes. I have put in many miles on a bike training for the triathlon last year but I've never done a spin class before. Well, yesterday that changed.

I am now a spin class veteran. I was a little worried because I was still sore from sundays weight training regimen but figured I would be fine. Survey says???? Wrong answer!!!

Spin class is a beast, sweat was dripping from my chin after 10 minutes. I wanted to do all the things the teacher instructed us to do but couldn't. So, I made sure that i pedaled through the whole work out. It was in part to my already sore body and in part because it was a new workout that I didn't have the level of success I was hoping for. But, it was my first time and my goal was just to see what it is like and to actually be working out. In time The ability will come, and it will come, no doubt about it.

I was glad I went, happy to gain that experience and happy to test my body. I'm not making A's yet but I did well. My brother on the other hand was a beast. It amazes me to think how far he has come in the last few years, he is a true inspiration.

I will go back to spin class, and I will get my bike back on the road when the weather allows. Most importantly, it was my 4th workout in 5 days. And with the treadmill workout I have planned for today and the weight routine I have planned for tomorrow I will have worked out 6 of the 7 days since I started. That i am happy about.

I'm not quite ready to reveal my goals yet, I'm still trying to build a little confidence before I post them on the internet for all to see and judge me by.

I am moving though, and thats all I am really looking for right now. In about 2 weeks I will set out a plan to achieve my goals. But today, I'll just smile because the wheels are once again spinning.

No comments:

Post a Comment