Monday, February 1, 2010

The Weekend and the Week to Come

Overall, Not a bad weekend. My Step-Brother and his girlfriend were in New Orleans Saturday. So, I met up with my parents and we headed to the quarter to take them to lunch. However, the girlfriend seemed to have caught the flu. So, she remained in the hotel room. The rest of us headed to Palace Cafe, Delicious. Then a little hanging out at cafe begneit on Royal street for donuts and coffee. Good times, laid back. Oh, I forgot to mention that I met my brother at the LSU lakes to run in the artic chill. We did 4 miles.

Sunday was also good. Woke up at 7, which for me is sleeping in(as I usually get up at 5-5:30. took the dogs for a walk around the hood. I ate breakfast twice. 8am I had a bowl of cereal, 9:45 i had a bagel with egg, cheese, and turkey(something new I'm trying. Then I took the dogs to the dog park. It's funny, they are super excited to go and are really excited when we get there, but the last several times we've gone Sadie has wanted to leave after 15 minutes. She comes to me, makes a whining noise and then goes to the gate. It happened a few weeks ago for the first time. I figured there was something outside the gate she was smelling so I put on her leash(and Lily's) and led them out. Sadie pulled me straight to the jeep and put her paws up on the back bumper. That's how i knew she wanted to go and wasn't just smelling something.

We've been back several times since and the same pattern occurs. they run around for a few minutes then she whines and heads for the gate. Strange huh?

This week I begin my 17 week triathlon training plan. I'm off to a bad start. I was supposed to get up and go swimming this morning. That didn't happen. But, my bag is packed so I will be doing that after work. Then I'll be riding 15 miles on the bike when i get home. Sounds like fun right?

For those of you who remember my marathon training you may recall how i followed my training schedule like it was holy scripture. Well, that's the plan again. Hopefully I can get my $h1+ together this week. If i can suck it up in week one and get it done I will have no problem the next 16 weeks. For me, the hard part is just getting started.

Well, i feel like a am rambling so I'll sign off now. I hope you all have a good week. I'll catch you on the flip-side!!!

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment