Friday, February 5, 2010

Out of water......Nobody!

The training schedule said I was supposed to swim in the morning and run in the afternoon. But Mother Nature keeps her own schedule, and yesterday it called for rain. So, when i woke up at 4:30am yesterday to a moderate rain coming down I thought, "it'll probably stop soon". Well, it stopped.....24 hours later.

But as I am the man, I got in my swim yesterday, in the rain, after work. To me it's not a big deal, I mean, I'm getting wet anyway. The problem is with the Y and the lifeguards. Now, I don't blame the lifeguards for not wanting to sit outside in the cold and rain while the 1 guy swims laps. But, I hate the inside pool. Its so stuffy in there, I just don't like it. Luckily, one of the lifeguards was more than happy to watch me swim outside. As he put it, "if I am outside watching you, the boss can't make me do all the other little crappy jobs she makes us do when th pool is closed. So please, swim for 2 hours till my shift is over".

It worked out great for both of us, but my swim only lasted about 45 minutes.
He seemed grateful.

Then i hit the treadmill for 30 minutes. Running is starting to feel good again. in 2 weeks it will probably feel normal again. Trying to build a base is definitely the hardest part. But evn after just a couple weeks I am feeling stronger. I even made it through most of spin class without taking a break on tuesday. Getting stronger everyday, feel good to me.

Motivation technique of the day: asking myself the question, "what is Drew Brees doing right now"? Who Dat!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the name recommendation! I'll let u know what I decide :) Happy training to you!!! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete