Monday, April 26, 2010

In your dreams!!!

I wake up every morning remembering that I was dreaming. But I never remember what I dreamed about(or is it dreamt about? English teachers, please forgive me). But I do remember a dream I had a few nights ago. I was racing in a triathlon and found my self up with the leaders. I was thinking to myself(in my dream)"Wow! I can't believe I'm keeping up with these guys, I'm feeling great, I think I can win this".

At that point someone told me I was in third place and we were in the last stage, running. Now, I can't name a lot of the elite triathletes in the world, but, I can name some of the top runners. In my dream I passed Deena Kastor, who was in 1st place in the womens division and then I passed Ryan Hall to move into 2nd place.

At this point the race went into a building and just as I was about to make my move to take the lead we went into a stairwell and I apparently got off on the wrong floor. Hall passed me but I caught and passed him just before the finish line, which happened to be in the office of the Assesor of Cook County Illinois. That is where the Police and military caught up to Jake and Elwood in the movie The Blues Brothers.

I think I was pretty happy with 2nd place. I'm not sure who finished first. Probably Big bird or Evel Kneivel.

And I say all of that to say this- Happy Monday! What a long strange trip we have before us.

2 comments:

  1. at least you beat Kastor!!! cant let no lady beat you. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses...

    ReplyDelete