Monday, April 19, 2010

It makes me wonder

I haven't been posting much as I haven't felt like I've had much to say. In truth, I don't feel like I have much to say right now so I am just gonna ramble for a few minutes. I remember an English professor of mine once say that when you can't think of what to write just start writing and eventually it will lead somewhere, then go back and erase the first half and you'll be good to go(paraphrased).

I wonder sometimes who reads this stuff and would anyone want to read this stuff? I wonder sometimes why there are so many religions and denominations. All of the believers claim to pray about their faith and believe that God has revealed to them that their faith is the true faith. It seems to me that not everyone can be right on this matter. If there is Only one God, as they believe, then only one faith can be right, right? This makes organized, doctrinal based religion difficult for me. Now you know.

I wonder how people that do Ironman triathlons do it. First, I wonder how they finish those races, any one part of that race seems like it would be all a person can do(2 mile swim, 112 mile bike ride, full marathon). Even more amazing to me is how these people find the time to do the training for this event. It requires multiple workouts everyday for months leading up to the race. In my opinion, being disciplined enough to get in all the workouts is a greater accomplishment than the race itself. Not to diminish the race, that's super freakin awesome too.

I wonder why dogs and cats don't get along.

I wonder if the things I say about students today are the same things that my teachers said about my generation. And did my parents teachers say the same thing about their generation? Today's students don't like to work, they seem to want everything handed to them. They want everything now. they have no patience or no work ethic. They don't understand the concept of original thought. NO! young student, just because YOU used YOUR computer it doesn't make them YOUR ideas. Plagiarism is still illegal, and you are now a criminal, Jack@$$.

I wonder if there will ever be a day when my butt doesn't hurt after a 20 mile bike ride.

I wonder if I have rambled enough.

I wonder if I should have put question marks behind all of the "i wonder" lines I have written.

I wonder if Sadie and Lily are sleeping on my bed right now or are plotting their escape from the back yard.
I wonder how you managed to stay awake long enough to make it through this entire post.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Ran into your blog...I know what you mean about the discipline of getting in all the workouts being an accomplishment. I guess that's iron will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are right cindy, that is iron will. I consider being disciplined enough to get in all those workouts a greater accomplishmenet than the race itself.

    ReplyDelete