Sunday, March 21, 2010

Quadathlon-Swim, Bike, Run, MOW!

I have to admit that my training has been going pretty well. The swimming is great, the bike and I have greatly improved our friendship, and I finally remember what it feels like to run(as opposed to plod along). I know that I have lost at least 3 lbs and can definitely tell that my face is thinner(usually the 1st thing I notice when I lose or gain weight).

this is the time of year where the racing events start happening and i've got 3 planned in the next 2 months.

1.Crescent City Classic 10K in NOLA April 3
2.OxBow Triathlon (.5 Swim 18 bike 3.1 run) April 10
3. Memphis in May Triathlon (1mi swim, 25mi bike, 6.1 mi run) may 23

and though I have been working out 5-6 days a week, following my training schedule, I just don't feel prepared for any of them. True, they are still weeks away, but I feel overwhelmed by all of them. But, I am a big advocate of the famed "Baby Steps" teaching of Dr. Leo Marvin. So, I will just do the training and focus on one day at a time, one event at a time.

Sidebar: I did an hour and 20 minutes on the bike yesterday and can still feel all my bits and pieces, WOO-HOO!

One thing does have me a bit bothered. I decided a few weeks ago to make my yard look really nice this year. So, I cut it last week and put down some weed & feed. I've got some grass seeds that I will be putting down this week and have a full sclae plan to make my lawn the best lawn in my hood, yo!

BUT, as I was looking at my training schedule I realized that starting next week I lose my friday off days. That's right, I'll be working out 7 days a week. My yard isn't huge, but it is pretty big(front and back combined) and pushing the mower in the summer heat will wear anyone out. So, if I truly want to commit myself to both the pursuit of someday being an IronMan and having the best lawn in the hood, yo! I can only see one alternative: Riding Mower!!!!!!

Yet another problem arises: The Bank account. It doesn't seem to be agreeing with me on this issue. now, I have done the math and there are funds to cover it, but I have a certain number that I hate to see the account fall below. I call it my safety number. So, I say all that to say this, if you or someone you know has some quality used lawn mowing equipment that you would like to donate to a good home, and at a reasonable price, let me know. Perhaps I can help you make room in your garage or shed for that upgraded model you have had your eye on.

You can also feel free to make donations to SWARM (Scott Wants A Riding Mower)

And if not for me then do it for Sadie and Lily, those sweet babies need a soft lush and well manicured lawn to run and play on and they want their Daddy to have a riding mower so he will have energy left to play with them.


weekly workout stats
Run: 7.6 Mi (1:29:46)
Bike: 48.0 Mi (3:05:00)
Swim: 2.6 Mi/4500yds (1:46:28)

2 comments:

  1. You are a machine, man! My dad was a marathon runner for years - that is some intense training! Good for you and I'm glad you can still feel your bits and pieces. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha...you crack me up. talk to joe about a mower---i don't know if he wants to sell any of them, but i'll sell them to you. :)

    ReplyDelete