Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Unstoppable

It's 4 days until the New Orleans IronMan 70.3

I feel ready, most of the time. But as I have never done this distance I sometimes get overwhelmed by it. Sometimes I wonder if...

But then I cut my self off and remind myself that I am "Unstoppable".

That's my mantra, "Unstoppable".

One word that says it all. One word that keeps me going.

Unstoppable

One word that reminds me of all those who were not, and how I will not be one of them. One word that reminds me of those who overcame, fought through, and earned their glory.

Unstoppable.

Looking back on my training I can see where I could have done more, worked harder, not skipped a session. But I also see many days where i was worn down, tired, and sleepy. On those days I dug down deep, and got in my workout. On those days I was unstoppable.

I think of the days when my legs were tired, still I pounded out a 40 mile ride. The days when my knee was sore, still I ran for an hour(followed by ice). The days when my shoulders, neck, and arms were tired, but I still swam a mile. On those days i was unstoppable.

I think towards Sunday. Will Lake Pontchartrain be smooth as glass or will it be like swimming in a washing machine? It doesn't matter, I am unstoppable.

Will the bike course be like riding into a wind tunnel on the way out, only to have the winds shift when i reach the turn around so that I ride into the wind the whole way? It doesn't matter, I am unstoppable.

While running, will the temperture shoot up to the low 90's in the afternoon, as it often does in NOLA? It doesn't matter. I am unstoppable.

I don't claim to know much, or to be an expert at anything. But I do know that I have worked hard. Though I may not finish fast, and I will likely win  no style points, I know that i will finish. Because there is only one word that will be on my mind for 70.3 miles.....

Unstoppable.

1 comment:

  1. You can do it!!! Can't wait to hear how it went!

    ReplyDelete