Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Oxbow Triathlon 2011 report

This past weekend i competed in the Oxbow Triathlon in New Roads, La. Unfortunately I have no pics to post but I will give you the low down anyway

I completed the swim 4 minutes faster than last year, completed the bike 10 minutes faster than last year, ran 4 minutes faster than last year, and was faster in the transitions for a total of beating my previous time by 20 minutes. I am pretty excited about those results and feel like I have gained a lot of confidence in my abilities. That confidence will come in handy in less than 2 weeks when I competed in the Half-IronMan in New Orleans on April 19th.

For now, it's time to get in these last couple of workouts, taper, hydarate, and eat right.  At this point, the hay is in the Barn(I have always liked that expression).

1 comment:

  1. wow. that was the most efficient race report ever. wayyyyy faster than my novels. WELL DONE! yay for NOLA 70.3 in 10 days! so jealous! wish i was down there racing it again!

    ReplyDelete