Friday, April 8, 2011

A scary thought

A very scary thought just crossed my mind. I was sitting in class a few minutes ago watching my class prepare for their graduation exit exam. They were supposed to be working in groups, review a key concepts packet. What they were actually doing was everything other than what they were supposed to be doing. I waited a few minutes to see how it would go, they got worse and worse, louder and louder as the minutes went by until I finally, what's the word? Exploded on to them verbally about what the were doing, and what they will be doing the rest of class. I'm pretty good at that and so they went from groups to individual study time and class ended a short time later without incident.

But, as they were working I thought to myself, "I am gonna hate to see what its like when their kids get this age."

Then the really scary thought popped into my head. Most of the parents of these kids are in my general age group. We always say things weren't like this when we were in school . But these kids had to get this behavior from somewhere.

Did my generation drop the ball?

Maybe, maybe not. Alls I know is its getting worse and there seems to be no end in sight.

Crap, thats an even scarier thought than the other one.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the comment on my blog about the pic, the girl on the left was the bartender, so I think she wanted that effect, or something similar ;). Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete