Friday, November 13, 2009

Gotta Get Moving

I gotta be honest, I've put on a few pounds lately. I'm at about 206 right now. I don't mind being over 200 pounds (though my ideal weight, according to the experts is 180-185, i think they are crazy) but what I don't like is the way I feel at this weight. When I look in the mirror I think I look alright, I don't like the way I feel inside. I've been feeling really lethargic, like tar is running through my veins, like my legs are made of concrete.

I need to get down to about 193, though 187 would be perfect. But, again, I'm not that concerned about the numbers, I'm concerned about the feeling. I know exactly why I feel bad. No Exercise and Poor dietary habits. I gotta get back to working out and I definitely need to change my eating habits.

Lets start with the food.
Point 1.
Sodas are delicious, but evil. The combination of carbonation, Sodium, and high fructose corn syrup is lethal. Giving up sodas will lose 5 lbs.
Point 2.
McDonald's breakfast meal #11, the Bacon Egg and Cheese Bagel Meal, Is like crack to my taste buds. Even when I wake up early enough to fix myself breakfast I still make excuses as to why I need to swing by McD's and pick one up. Damn You Ray Kroc!!!
Point 3.
$5 for 2 meals, Sounds great, but will surely be the death of me. I take the dogs to the dog park a lot and there is a little Caesars pizza that I drive by on the way home. The Jeep seems to pull in on its own. Half the pizza for dinner, the other half for lunch the next day, Brutal.
Point 4.
Financial analysis. I love to eat out. after inspecting my checking account and doing some quick math I realized I spent about $375.00 eating out last month. That's a Hell of a lot of money for one person, and again, Damn You Ray Kroc!!!!!!

Now to the issue of Exercise
I haven't been doing anything. After the triathlon I felt like needed a break to let my body rest. Well, 5 months later I guess I'm pretty well rested. One of the great things about Exercise it that its also a great stress relief, I need that too. My problem as of late is that I have to be to work at 6:45AM. And after being on my feet all day I'm tired when I get home. So, i just haven't had the energy to run or swim, or anything else (except to eat it seems). But, last week I went to bed early a few nights and found that I actually did have energy when I got home from work.

I say all that to say this. Things are going well but one thing that is missing is my personal health. I turn 35 next Wednesday and I would much rather feel 30-35 than the way I feel right now. It's time to start moving again. If you've been feeling the same way then maybe you should start moving too. We can do it together. Lets start This Weekend. Saturday or Sunday go for a walk around the neighborhood, Take your Wolf pack for a walk, jog from one streetlight to the next. Eat a bowl of cereal instead of a #11.

Life is good, so lets enjoy it. lets enjoy it for a long time. Should be great weather this weekend. It's time to get moving.

PS, Happy Anniversary Sam and Janet, Thanks for the sesame street cake, this day, all those years ago.

2 comments:

  1. My run/jog group will run Saturday morning, I will get you the details of the expedition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eating out pretty much sinks any chance at being healthy. When you can prepare the food yourself and control what goes into it you have the best chance of putting the right stuff in. And of course it's tough to get the right stuff out if you don't put the right stuff in...not that I'm one to talk...but I hear that's true :) Kudos on the new blog.

    As a side note, whenever I give anyone "Kudos" I always think of that granola/candy bar from a few years ago called "Kudos" - probably because I knew about the snack bar before I had ever heard of the word.

    ReplyDelete