Monday, November 16, 2009

my memphis birthday


This weekend I went to Memphis. I hadn't seen Kelley in a while so a visit was over due. Seeing as how my birthday falls in the middle of the week (Wednesday) she decided to make this my birthday weekend. I love being out doors and participating in outdoors activities, but I don't have all the needed equipment. Kells is tired of hearing me say i want to go camping but that I don't have a tent. So, I now have a tent and was told that she would leave when to go camping in my hands. No more excuses. I'll probably camping out in the backyard this week, enjoying the new tent.
To make sure all the pieces were there and to see how nice it was we set it up----in her living room. Luckily, she has a decent sized living room.




Saturday was a beautiful day and we knew we needed to get outside. So we headed to the Memphis zoo. They just opened a new area called TETON TREK, which is supposed to be like a trip through the Rockies. It was really nicely done. The jewel, I have to say, was the grizzly bear exhibit. There are 3 cubs and they were all playing while we were there. It was hilarious, until you remember that they could easily rip your face off.

I am a big fan of the Puma, also known as the cougar, or the Mountain Lion. I like it because its the biggest cat in North America. And though you rarely see one, they always see you. This Cougar is taking in the sights high above Memphis, Nice view----of lunch.


My final thought on the zoo has to do with birds. They have 2 Bald eagles, I like this picture. It always surprises me just how large these birds are. More amazingly, As large as they are they only weigh an average of 9 pounds. You certainly can't call them big boned.

Saturday night Kel took me out for a birthday dinner. A nice little place called Paulette's. I had the fillet, she had the Sicilian chicken(which I think was the nickname the caused my great uncle Alfredo to flee the island and create the dish that swept a nation). Both were great. We had a bottle of wine, it was nice dinner.

I learned a lot about myself at dinner. I DO NOT DRINK RED WINE. I only had 2 glasses but that's all it took. I couldn't stop talking. I had enough sense to know that I couldn't stop talking, but that didn't help me stop. I didn't do anything stupid, but another glass and there is no telling what might have happened. One question that I can answer is that i would definitely be a happy drunk.

So, Thank you Kelley for a great weekend and thank you Saints for another win(9-0). I hope this week goes well. but I'll be staying away from the red wine when I celebrate on Wednesday. More room for the rum, YAY RUM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment