Thursday, February 24, 2011

My newest toy

So, one of the things that I have been wanting for the last 10-15 years is a kayak. I have been kayaking a few times and loved it (canoeing as well) and after kayak fishing with my buddies last summer decided that the time was rapidly apporaching to scratch this one off the list of things I always wanted. I would tell you more about that list but will save that for another day.

The last couple weeks I have been doing some recon work on this topic and identified several possible crafts that would meet my needs. I was looking for something versatile, durable, and most of all, inexpensive.

I narrowed the search down to 2, and with one being 70 bucks less than the other, a decision was made.

My homeboy(who was also in the market for a suitable floatable) and I metriculated our way down to Cabellas in Gonzales, LA last night and procured ourselves a couple schooners.

The Jeep was more than happy to assist in the recovery and extraction of said water craft from the afore mentioned outfitter

Needless to say, there was much talk of a mysterious illness around the house that was going to prevent me from going to work today and how getting some fresh air out on one of the many local rivers or lakes should clear up that dreaed plague. Alas, when i arose I felt as though I could manage through another day at the education factory. As the kids have been taking their test on the cold war today I have been doing research for my upcoming war that I will be declaring, effective Saturday, on the south Louisiana fish population.

If any of  you out there no any good spots to find  or would like to team up to defend our local waterways from these submarinous insurgents, Let me know. Your support in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Finally, I would like to thank my uncle, his name is Sam, for funding my operation to liberate the kayak from its captor. Now if i could only get you to send aid to rescue a riding mower being held unjustly from a local penetentiary, I would gladly allow it to roam the open range of my yard so that it may live peacefully the remainder of its days.

No comments:

Post a Comment